UR Internship Program 2023
After ongoing success last years nternship program, Urban Rec is announcing a new Internship Program focused on the exciting diversity within our business. Our multi-million-dollar business delivers sports leagues and events to thousands of members across 6 cities. Our small but mighty team delivers over 300 leagues annually and we are looking for highly motivated candidates to join us for a 6-month incentivised internship.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic, high performance and super social sports management team. Go behind the scenes and learn about a real and passionate sports business that has grown from grassroots over the last 10 years. Choose a program that suits your interests, desired outcomes, hours and location.
🏀LEAGUE LIAISON PROGRAM
Build your experience coordinating teams and attending leagues, you will be in charge of liaising between our League Managers and participants. You could be delivering equipment, checking waivers, setting up fields, hosting sports leagues, or managing member activations.
- Key Development Skills: Operations, logistics, customer service, sales, sports coaching
- Program Details: 6 week program 4 days a week (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu) 3-8pm 120 hours
- Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra Extend additional 6 weeks to the paid program
- Requirements: Drivers license and car, own laptop
📱SOCIAL MEDIA, MARKETING, & PR PROGRAM
Become an experienced social media manager. If you have a keen eye for design and content, put that interest into action, learn about ROI, cost of sale and understand how to build and execute a marketing strategy for a real sports business.
- Key Development Skills: Social media planning, content creation, marketing reporting, PR and writing, website administration, branding, and designing.
- Program Details: 10 week program 3 days a week (Tue, Thu, Fri) 11-5pm 180 hours
- Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Remote
- Requirements: Own computer
💞SOCIAL IMPACT & EVENTS PROGRAM
Discover the journey between business and social impact while building your event portfolio. Work on real life sporting events and promotions that fundraise for charities and national bodies providing impact to minorities. You will be overseeing event and fundraising strategies and executing the nuts and bolts required to make an event run successfully.
- Key Development Skills: Events Admin & Management, Marketing, Social Impact, Finance, business acumen, ideation, event logistics.
- Program Details: 6 week program 1 day a week (Tuesdays or Fridays) 12-8pm 75 hours
- Location: Remote work, must be available to travel to attend events
- Requirements: Own computer and mode of transport
HOW TO APPLY
All our programs are open now and accepting applications. (We can only accept 1 intern per program at a time, so depending on availability your start date could vary).