June 24, 2019 - one year ago
Are you the life of the party? Are you outgoing? Do you love meeting new people? Are you really organised? We have an epic job for you.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Fun Facilitator is expected to provide the ultimate experience for our members across all of our leagues and events in Canberra. As a fun facilitator you are the face of Urban Rec for our members. At the direction of the operations manager, you will be required to contribute and support leagues in the following way:
Management of Teams
- Manage overall experience for teams – have a familiar dialogue with participants and in particular, team captains
- Oversee the retention of teams during our recruitment phase of the season
- Management of individual team experience (including providing subs for non-viable teams)
Management of Competition
- Manage equipment at venues and ensure everything is stocked
- Attend season openers, ender's and social nights to ensure backend data is collected and recorded
- Report venue issues to operations manager
- Support decisions about rain-out’s, defaults, and forfeits
- Advise when to send league surveys, rule adaptations, or disciplinary communications
- Ensure all winning teams are handed out prizing each season
- Support of sponsor and partner initiatives
Facilitating the fun
- Work with the operations manager to develop and execute member engagement initiatives
- Work with clubhouses to increase engagement
- Assist the operations manager with planning/Organisation and execution of events
- Engaging members through social media
Hiring, managing, training, and supporting Event Hosts
- Support operations manager to hire, onboard, and train Event Hosts
- In conjunction with the operations manager manage weekly communications with event hosts
- Support operations manager to rate and bonus event hosts seasonally
- Report changes to update the event Host Training
- Performing event host roles when hosts are not available, and a replacement cannot be found
We’re looking for someone who
- Is outgoing and confident
- Has experience in sports and events
- Has a full driver’s license and a car
- Is available Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm and Sundays 3pm-6pm
- Having experience playing with Urban Rec is a big advantage
- This role requires you to do about 20% administration and customer service for our members, and about 80% at our league events, facilitating a fun experience.
- This role is 15-20 hours per week. You will be required to work between 5pm-10pm Monday-Thursday and 3pm-6pm Sundays. Although you won’t be required to work these hours every night/day week to week. Being available between those times is essential.
- You do need to have your own car and drivers licence.
- Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge of a wide range of sports
- Events/Marketing/Sales experience
- Knowledge of social media
To Apply email a bit about yourself and why you would be amazing at this role plus a short CV to [email protected] or call us 0412 088 498. Applications close July 10.